Monday, September 14, 2015

Second Cadre Meeting 9/9/15 and Teacher Planning

In a flurry of activity, I wasn't able to write my blog last week, so two this week!

Last week Wednesday (Sept. 9) we had a second cadre meeting. This meeting was great, tons of things were clarified:

1. Co-teaching is only in front of students. 1 on 1 time with the teacher does not count

2. The idea that when we are working with the teachers, we are enhancing current curriculum - this is a huge key to CITA working. We need to remind the teachers that whatever we are doing - the hope is that they can re-create it in the future. My teachers do have this in mind already.

3. We also got a bit of clarification on what the purpose of the blog is : How is what we are doing affecting teachers specifically, or what is the impact on the teacher?

4. The final "Showcase" is not to have a "performance" per se at the end, but it is more of a way to show process, and and how our art form has been incorporated into the classroom.

As Tami and Kris have said, We are building the plane as we are flying it, and I feel like this cadre meeting definitely helped build a bit stronger of a base for us to work off of!


Later that same day, I had a planning meeting with my teachers at Oaklawn. I went over everything that we talked about that morning at the cadre meeting, and I definitely felt like we were all on the same page.

We got down to the nitty gritty of  what days and times I would be in the classroom, and decided that I would be in each classroom one day a week. During Read aloud time 12:20 - 12:40 (about 20 Min) we will do theater games/exercises that help the students with
1.projection/breathing
2. speed of reading
3.phrasing (following punctuation)
4.expression

The awesome Read Aloud time book  we will work with!


Then in the afternoon at about 1:15 we would set up/take down for afternoon activities and from 1:30-3 pm we are going to work on simple character development as it pertains to a  smaller book they are reading.

 The students will be put into small groups and will work together on reading it aloud, in character (including the character of the narrator)

The week of Oct. 26, 27,28 the students will "perform" (read) their stories to their classmates using the techniques they have learned.


I think my teachers felt better after this meeting - getting solid ground under us as far as what our goals were for the first 'unit' and setting out a week by week schedule . (I know I definitely felt better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment