Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review of Online Arts Integration Conference

Review of online Arts Integration Conference!

On July 29th a number of the AIM teaching artists got together to view an arts integration  Conference. This, I feel was a great way to get our creative juices flowing and observe how many different artists integrated their disciplines into the classroom.

I found the dance/movement integration to be particularly compelling, as they were not only utilizing dance, but also simple character creation in order for the students to become, for example, the cycles of rain fall.  This got me thinking about how important it is to consider your art in it's simplest forms, and how uncomplicated exercises can have the ability to solidify important educational concepts.

By this I mean that there is no great character analysis, no need to understand or explain elements of theater to have kids participate in an exercise in which they become the H2O in all of it's different forms and perform a dance/performance that, I know in my own childhood, would have made the process much more memorable than reading it in a book

I look forward to viewing more of the sessions. I think they will also serve as inspiration along this journey, when, as it inevitably happens, there are creative frustrations and detours.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you were inspired by the conference. You inspire all of us, too.

    ReplyDelete